Puppet : August 2018-Present
- Designing from fine details to overarching features on Puppet Remediate
- Helping spread new design system patterns and designing for features across products.
- Getting the whole office involved with ‘hallway research’ and usability testing sessions.
- Fuelled learnings into 12in12: A Year of Side Projects.
Ladies That UX Belfast : Summer 2019-Present
- Co-leading my local chapter of Ladies That UX.
- Organising meetups for 70+ attendees aiming to highlight a diverse range of speakers of different backgrounds, gender, and experience.
- My role focuses on introducing first time speakers and helping students and others starting out in the field of UX get involved.
UI Engineer Intern
Allstate : Summer 2017
- Developed branding and an online hub for UI Engineering, collaborating with an international team across two continents.
- Co-managed the project from concept to code, practicing everything from crafting a story into a brand and prototyping essentials to ReactJS and SVG animation.
- Participated in the Product Design team weekly critiques, user testing, and design workshops.
- Chronicled the experience in weekly blog posts to help other young designers starting out.
Skills & Tools
- Crafting designs with personality through narrative and user centred design.
- Illustration and icon design for digital products and print.
- Bridging gaps and working with designers and developers from concepting to code.
- Quick to learn and always eager for a new challenge.
- Making monsters in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
BDes Hons Interaction Design
Belfast School of Art : 2016-2020
- Modules include: Interaction Design Fundamentals, Communication Design, Exploring Identity, Imaging and Data Visualisation, Creative Entrepreneurship, and Designing with Content. Upcoming focus on Designing User Experiences and Narrative and Storytelling.
- Contributed to setup and curation of art & design pop-up shop opening for the final year exhibition show. Exhibited and successfully sold my own designs.
Cross & Passion : 2014-2016
- Maths, Accounting, Physics, English Literature
- Completed via distance learning, providing practice in both the subject matter and time management and self-directed work.
Among Other Things...
- Fueling my tabletop gaming hobby through regular game design competition winnings.
- Curling up with a good reference book (zoology and ancient military history are favourites besides the inevitable design tomes).
- Counting the latest additions to the kickboxing & jiu jitsu bruise collection.
- Constructing Lego vignettes.
- Football (soccer for those across the pond).
- Beating the drums.